Ideally, a pillow should keep the head level at the same height as that of the spine. As a thumb rule, you should never let your head go too far above or too far below your chest. This creates an unnatural alignment for your spine that can lead to chronic aches and pains and can cause permanent damage to the back muscles. For that matter, using a big squishy pillow isn’t a great idea either, as your head will be placed far too high.
A suitable pillow for back pain provides good support and spinal alignment can help in bulging disc or arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, scoliosis, and degenerative disc.
There are many types of pillows for back pain out there in the market that can help you get rid of lower back pain.
Choosing The Right Pillow
Choosing the right sleeping pillow for your head can be highly beneficial in alleviating chronic back pain and a pillow between one’s legs is helpful as well.
One of the important factors is the loft or pillow thickness. You should consider your weight, sleeping position, head size, and shoulder width to decide on the ideal sized pillow. Other key variables include temperature control, moldability & shape retention.
Pillows For The Lower Back Pain
Memory Foam Pillows
Pressure-relieving memory foam is made from Visco-elastic material that responds to the body heat to contour to the body; slightly indenting inwards to keeps your body placed and rest comfortably in an ideal position. Most pillows that are labeled as orthopedic are made from memory foam.
Lumbar Support Pillows
Lumbar pillows tuck behind your back when you sit down in a chair or couch. There are two types of lumbar support - pillows and cushions. These are usually made of memory foam and is designed to support the lower back and are made in a curved, U-shaped or wedge-like shape to help your backrest more comfortably and in a supportive position.
- Sleepsia brings a whole new range of different types of “feel good” memory foam and gel-infused pillows that can be very helpful in alleviating lower back pain. Our gel infused memory foam range of pillows are meant for extra ventilation and an enhanced odorless experience for that super comfy sleep.
- Our premium range of pillows uses a bamboo fabric outer cover. Bamboo fabric is a natural material which has a distinguishable strength, cool texture, and moisture absorption properties.
- Sleepsia’s multi use knee memory foam pillow is ultimate in relieving pressure and pain and offers great support to the knee, thigh and lower back. The hour-glass shape allows for a perfect placement between knees and the upwards thigh area.
- Sleepsia coccyx cushions are the best-supporting pillows for the tail bone and lumbar area. Commonly referred to as tailbone pain or coccyx pain pillows these are great in improving blood circulation to the leg, prevents herniated discs problems, heals injured disc, and get rid of back pain due to pinched nerve roots.
Advantages Of Using Sleepsia Pillow for Back Pain
- Good for sleepers in all weight categories and every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)
- Premium gel infused memory foam pillows well suited for hotter, humid climate
- Highly breathable, moisture-wicking cover
- Hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, mildew-proof and resistant to dust mites
- Premium quality backed by the 1-year warranty