You cannot put your memory foam pillow into the washing machine, but still, there are many ways to wash it!
Your pillow is one of the most used items at home. It cradles your head all through the year in all seasons. Everyone has their own personal choice of pillows. While some prefer soft pillows, others prefer their pillow to be solid and sturdy. Sleepsia is one such popular brand that offers various kinds of pillows for comfortable and peaceful sleep. Moreover, get relief from stiff neck pain, snorers sleep, shallow sleep, etc with a good memory foam pillow.
No matter what your preferences are, a regular cleaning of your pillow is a must. You need to treat your pillow with a good cleaning so that it gives you back the luxury of comfort and peaceful sleep all through the night.
If you are using a memory foam pillow, then let me first congratulate you on adding a vital asset to your aim of achieving good health and well-being. Now, you might find yourself in a situation that your pillow is not performing as it was intended to do, it may also be completely ruined and you might have to purchase a new one. Since these pillows can be relatively expensive, you may have to learn how to clean it properly without damaging it in the process so that you don’t have to take the trouble of extra expenses.
How to Wash a Memory Foam Pillow?
If the pillow requires a deep cleaning, then follow this process:
- Fill up a bathtub or bucket (large enough for the pillow to fit in) with lukewarm water and add some gentle detergent. Also, add a drop of lavender oil, this will leave the pillow smelling fresh.
- Once the detergent is completely dissolved in the water, remove the protective cover from the pillow. Gently submerge the pillow under the bucket/bathtub. Squeeze the form for the cleaning solution to penetrate through it.
- Drain out the soapy water and fill the bathtub/bucket again with clean water. Continue this for several times, until all the dirt or soap is removed from the pillow and the water runs clear. (no wringing)
- Now, gently squeeze the pillow to take out excess water. You needn’t rigorously squeeze or twist the foam.
- Now, leave the pillow to air dry. It is most preferably to keep in direct sunlight. If not available, you can leave it under a ceiling fan. Note: Don’t place in the dryer as the high heat can damage the foam.
- If you want, sprinkle with a few drops of lavender oil for better smell.
- Allow the pillows to dry totally on one side then flip it over, and ensure it is also dry completely on the other side. This process may take some time, so give the pillows the opportunity to dry completely so that when it is done, it will be worth waiting for.
- It is always wise to often change your pillowcase. But you need not clean your pillow as often as your pillowcase. In case your loved one or you have been sick recently, it is good to deep clean the memory foam pillow. Otherwise, it is suitable to wash it every two months.
- While your bed sheet and pillowcase goes through the washing machine, sprinkle some baking soda over the Contour memory foam pillow then leave the pillow in the sun for an hour or two. The baking soda and sunlight can revitalize the pillow, take in the smells and leave it smelling fresh.