Is Your Pillow Giving You a Stiff Neck?
Are you waking up every morning with a horrid neck pain? Is Your Pillow Giving You a Stiff Neck? Typically, there are two main reasons for this. One, your pillow is old and it is time to get a new one. Or two, you have been sleeping on a wrong pillow in relation with your sleeping position.
Fortunately, the solution to this problem is easy. All you have to do is pair up the right pillow with your sleeping posture.
A high-quality pillow can provide ultimate support to the neck while sleeping.
Here Are Some Best Pillows for Neck Pain:
1. Feather pillows
Feather Pillows are made by filling in the outer feathers of geese or ducks. With adjustable loft, soft and lightweight, the pillow offers ultimate support to the neck. You can be assured to have a peaceful and comfortable sleep with a feather pillow as it conforms very closely to the head and neck of the sleeper with the most adjustable loft.
2. Latex pillow
Latex pillows are manufactured using a natural substance (natural latex) extracted from the sap of Rubber trees. They are designed with a soft contour that relaxes the neck and shoulders offering comfortable support. No fluffing is required and it doesn’t produce any noise like other ordinary pillows. The Latex pillows can help in alleviating the pain and pressure on the neck.
3. Memory foam Pillows
The Dynamic Memory Foam Pillows by Sleepsia is a perfect pillow for Side Sleepers. The pillow is specifically made for neck pain. It provides complete back and neck support for side and stomach sleepers.
4. Memory foam Pillow with Infused Gel
Another customizable pillow to consider is the Memory foam Pillow with Infused Gel by Sleepsia. Made with Hypoallergenic Gel Memory Foam, this high-quality pillow provides superior neck support and also enhances the body’s posture. The pillow is extremely soft yet firm enough to support your head for extra comfort. Moreover, it gives a cooling sensation in sweaty summers.
5. Contour Memory Foam Pillow With Infused Gel
If temperature plays a major factor in the sleep cycle, then the Contour Memory Foam Pillow with Infused Gel by Sleepsia is a perfect choice. The contoured pillow is infused with a cooling gel that supports the head and the neck while promoting smooth airflow and keeping the body cool all night. In addition, the contour of the pillow provides pressure relief, supreme support and is also completely adjustable to meet sleeper’s snoozing needs.
So, now you know the perfect pillow for you. Let’s talk about the different sleeping postures and how it manipulates your spine alignment, which may ultimately lead to neck as well as back pain. Check out which pillow best suits your sleeping position:
- Side sleepers require pillows that are firm enough to maintain accurate alignment of the head and neck with the spine for the comfortable sleep. A good pillow choice includes a firm pillow made of natural latex foam or memory foam that provides enough response and sinks with the pressure and weight of the head. Alternately, a contour or orthopedic pillow with extra padding beneath the neck and depression on the head area can provide suitable support.
- Back sleepers require a pillow that is firm enough to keep the neck straight and aligned with the spine. A Contour shape memory foam pillow is recommended.
- Combination sleepers that changeover between the back and side should select a pillow that is hollow in the middle.
- Stomach sleepers require a thin and soft pillow. However, even after having the right pillow, stomach sleepers may continue to experience neck pain as the head keeps moving to the side and is misaligned with the spine.